Monday, August 25, 2014

What Truly Caring Will Do...

Cotton

This is really "The Tale of  'Two' Dogs". I must first share with you the back story of a dog named Cotton. I was in my second year as principal and my Office Manager asked if there was anyone who wanted a three-year old Bichon. The dog was too active for her parents and they were planning to take the dog to the pound at the end of the week. 

My husband and I had been discussing perhaps getting a dog, but we would never actually commit to the idea because of our work schedules.  I wasn't familiar with that breed of dog,  so I googled Bichon Frise. Let me tell you...I was so impressed with what I saw and read. We made the decision to get the dog. If you are not familiar with the Bichon Frise, I recommend you google it. They are absolutely gorgeous dogs that are similiar in appearance to the Maltese.  So you can imagine my surprise when I met the current owners to take her home. Her name was Cotton (pictured above).  She looked nothing like the pictures that surfaced when I googled Bichon Frise!  Nevertheless,  it was instant love.  I knew what the end result could be for little Cotton, I loved and cared for her from the moment I received her.

As a school leader we must take what we have and work to bring out the best. We must coach our teachers so they are able to bring out the best in their students.  It is an awesome feeling to see the academic, social, and personal growth experienced in a school year. The lesson learned for me is no matter what "it" looks like there is always potential for something greater. It takes commitment,  dedication, patience, and above all else (in my opinion) love!

We renamed her CoCo Cotton. This is CoCo Cotton about 10 months after joining our family.

CoCo Cotton

1 comment:

  1. This is a really great story! And also a great lesson to be applied to all aspects of life!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete