Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Time Management LessonsI

This article really speaks to me. Time Management was the one thing I struggled with as a beginning principal.  I was a procrastinator to the 10th degree.  I used the excuse " I work better under pressure" as a way to validate the procrastination.

The following three lessons helped me the most:

#6 Get up early
#11 Practice clearing your mind before you work
#14 Keep the distractions you love out of your sight

Number 6 and number 11 works hand in hand for me...When I get up early I am able to clear my mind before the start of my work day. I go to the gym or read something inspirational.

Number 14 is a new lesson that I have had to learn quickly.  When I am working, my phone is put away!!!  Once I began my doctoral program (again), I had to  go as far as deactivating my Facebook account...Yikes....That took more will power than constantly going on there to connect with family and friends.

Click on the highlighted link below to see the list of time-management lessons!  Please share your time-management tips in the comments!

Time Management Lessons

No comments:

Post a Comment